Tuesday, August 28, 2012
PHILIPPINE LIBRARIAN’S ASSOCIATION, (PLAI) INC.
Member, International Federation of Library Association and Institutions (IFLA)
Member, Congress of Southeast Asian Librarians (CONSAL)
PLAI Headquarters, Rm. 301 3F The National Library Building
T.M. Kalaw St., Ermita Manila, 1000, Philippines
To: ALL COUNCIL PRESIDENTS
From: PROF. THELMA S. KIM
PLAI NATIONAL PRESIDENT
Re: COUNCIL ELECTION RULES
2012 is the election year for PLAI. In this regard, please be guided by the following:
1. As a general rule, there shall be an election for all regional councils which shall be scheduled on or before the end of October. The names of elected officers shall be submitted to the chairman of the HOD on or before October 31 in preparation for the national election in November.
2. The NOMELEC shall serve as the Board of Canvasser during the election. It shall be responsible in preparing ballots, ballot boxes, and tallying the number of votes of every nominee.
3. Each council shall have seven (7) officers namely: President, Vice-President Secretary, Treasurer, Auditor and two (2) Board Members to serve as NOMELEC.
4. The council Presidents and Vice-Presidents shall automatically become part of the HOD. The third member to the HOD shall be decided/appointed by the CBOT present.
5. All nominees must be physically present during the election for them to be voted upon. The use of a proxy shall not be allowed.
6. The term of office of all officers, national and Regional shall be two (2) years. In no way shall any officer be elected to the same position for two (2) consecutive terms.
Posted by PLAI National at 12:02 PM